PhD Writing Support
We offer tailored academic writing workshops to all PhD candidates, delivered through Faculty specific sessions to provide you with focused support. Please visit our 'Which School/Faculty am I in? guide if you’re unsure which Faculty you’re in.
Introduction to Academic Writing for PGRs in HUMS Part 1
Monday 5th February: 14:00-16:00 REGISTER HERE
Introduction to Academic Writing for PGRs in HUMS Part 2 (CRITICAL LITERACY)
Monday 12th February: 14:00-16:00 REGISTER HERE
Editing and Proofreading your Thesis for HUMS PGRs
Monday 11th March: 14:00-16:00 REGISTER HERE
Academic Writing Tutorial Support
We offer bespoke writing tutorials for all PhD candidates. These tutorials are delivered on a one-to-one basis to provide focused support for your writing.
Our writing tutorials are delivered online, via Zoom. You can normally access a maximum of one tutorial per semester.
We will need a sample of your writing (any recent piece of academic work, at any stage of completion.) The sample must be:
- 900-1500 words in length (if it is any longer, please highlight the portion of text you wish to use)
- in Word format (we are unable to accept PDF documents).
- Email your writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the tutorials request form
- You will receive an email offering you a choice of appointment times, let us know your preferred time and we will send an email confirmation of your appointment.
You should let us know if you cannot attend your appointment.