How to apply
Registration is simple. Please follow the steps below to apply for an IELTS test.
Before you apply, please make sure you read the IELTS essential information page.
To register for an IELTS test, please complete the online application form:
After submitting your application, you will receive an email providing you with the online payment instructions. Please make sure to check your email inbox and junk email folder. The University is no longer accepting cash payments. If you are unable to pay online, please contact us for assistance.
Document upload is no longer required. The Test Partners have now introduced a new simplified customer journey which no longer requires you to email or post your ID document to us when applying. Our test day staff will be taking photos of your IDs on test day instead. You are still required to enter your ID details onto the application (including middle names, if any).
Accepted forms of ID remain the same:
- National ID Cards (for EU Citizens only) this must have your photograph, name in English lettering, signature, date of birth and a unique number;
- Biometric Residency Cards;
- Asylum Registration Cards;
- Driving Licence is not an acceptable form of ID.
Please note that you must have the SAME DOCUMENT that you applied with on the test day. If you lose or renew your passport/ID document before the test, you must contact us immediately for advice.
If you have any concerns regarding this, please email us:
A final email confirmation will be sent to you once we have received your application and checked that your payment has cleared. This may take some time although we usually do not require longer than 48 hours to confirm your test. The confirmation email will contain information where to arrive for your test, at what time and what to bring. Please make sure you check the inbox for the email address you provide us as this is the main way we correspond with candidates.
Cancellation and refunds
You may cancel your IELTS registration up to 24 hours prior to taking the test by notifying us in writing (by email). Cancellation emails must include:
- your full name;
- your date of birth;
- the test date you are cancelling.
- If the cancellation request is received within 14 days of making a payment ('cooling-off' period) and more than 14 days before the test date, a full refund will be given.
- If the cancellation request is received within 14 days of making a payment ('cooling-off' period) and between 14 days and 24 hours before the test date*, a refund will be given, minus a £40 administration fee.
- If the cancellation request is received after the 'cooling-off' period (14 days after payment), and between 14 days and 24 hours before the test date*, a refund will be given, minus a £40 administration fee.
- If the cancellation request is received within 24 hours of the test date*, no refund will be given.
*Cancellation or transfer requests must be made before close of business (5.00pm GMT) on the Thursday prior to the test date on Saturday to qualify for a refund.