What to do next
Unhappy with your score or have a complaint? Get in touch.
Enquiry on results (EOR) procedure and fee
Test takers have the option to have any or all sections of their test remarked if they are unhappy with the score awarded on their Test Report Form.
The process is called an Enquiry on Results (EOR) and the fee is £120.00.
- Log in to the Test Taker portal (ieltsregistration.british council.org/login). Click on ‘Completed’ test tab and then on the date of the test you wish to request an EOR for.
- Choose the ‘Results’ tab and your test results will display. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on the hyperlink to request the test re-marking.
- You will see a brief overview of the re-marking information and the EOR fee. You can select more than one section to get re-marked. If the deadline for applying for an EOR has passed, you should contact your Test Centre directly.
- At the bottom of the page, you will need to check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions before going to payment.
- Make the payment of £120.00 via our online payment form. If you are unable to pay online, please email us for assistance. Please note that the University no longer accepts cash payments.
- Upon receipt of your application, your test papers will be sent to the British Council for re-marking by a Senior Examiner. Your result will normally be available on the same day as your application and up to 21 days after your application, depending on several factors including the number of sections requested for re-mark. If you have not received a response after 21 days, please contact us.
- You will receive an email (with letter attachment) advising you of the decision from the British Council.
What if a change is made to my results?
You will be required to return your original Test Report Form to us so that a new one can be issued showing the changes made. You will be refunded the £120.00 enquiry fee within approximately 10-20 working days.
What if there is no change to my results?
The Senior Examiner’s decision is final and no refund of the enquiry fee will be made. Your original Test Report Form will remain valid.
If you wish to appeal, the Appeals Procedure can be found at the Cambridge English website. The Appeals Procedure focuses on whether, in the course of reaching decisions, procedures consistent with the regulatory authorities' code of practice were used and that these procedures were applied properly and fairly in arriving at judgements. The Appeals Procedure is not concerned with making judgements about candidates' work in the examination; an appeal will not involve re-marking or reassessment of a candidate's work, although further re-marking might be ordered as a result of an appeal if it is found that procedures have not been satisfactorily followed.
We encourage anyone with comments or complaints about our services or test administration to contact us.
The British Council global complaint procedure can also be found on the British Council website.