Prepare for your IELTS test and give yourself the best chance to succeed.
Materials from IELTS
- Road to IELTS - As the British Council's most popular online preparation course, Road to IELTS will help you to get ready for a great IELTS score!
- Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack - The British Council’s four Understanding IELTS ExpertTrack courses will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
- IELTS mobile apps - These free IELTS apps allow you to learn English flexibly – wherever you are and whenever you want to prepare.
- Remember to bring the Identification document that you applied with, photocopies are not acceptable. As you know, IELTS is a very secure test with strict rules. Throughout the test, you will be asked for your government issued ID or passport.
- Know the test venue. Many cities have multiple test locations. Make sure you know your test locations, if unsure contact test centre to confirm the test venue address at least 24 hours before the test. If you are late, you might not be able to take the exam!
- Make yourself available for the whole day. IELTS can take the whole day. Make sure you don’t schedule other plans around these times. If you try and do too much on test day, it might stress you out and affect your performance.
- Practice. This is advisable for all test takers, even native English speakers. Practice as many model tests as you can to score good grades in the test. Practice tests will improve your skills and improve your awareness on the test format.
- Always check your spelling. You can lose marks for incorrect spelling.
- Don’t cheat! IELTS is very secure. IELTS invigilators and examiners are some of the strictest, best trained, and observant professionals in the language testing world. So, the chances are, if you cheat you will get caught, and have your results withheld permanently!