How to apply
Learn about how to apply for the English Summer Programme.
We are now accepting applications for Summer 2023
How to complete your application
We are no longer accepting applications to our 2023 programme. Dates for our 2024 programme will be available soon.
1. Read our booking conditions and check the entry requirements.
2. Group bookings
- Complete the group booking spreadsheet (this will be emailed to you) and return with documents outlined in point 4 below.
3. Individual Bookings - Complete the online application form and return it by email.
4. Attach the following documents with your application form:
- Evidence of your current English language level (copy of certificate). If you are currently studying English at another institution, please also include your most recent course report;
- Copy of your current passport (photograph page);
- Copy of your most recent UK visa (if you have previously studied in the UK this must be included) - campus based courses only;
- Sponsorship letter/financial guarantee (if applicable).
Please note that your application will not be assessed until we receive all documentation
What happens next
- Your application will be assessed by the Admissions Team;
- If your application is successful, you will be asked to pay a deposit or provide evidence of financial sponsorship (individual bookings);
- Accept your offer online (instructions will be emailed);
- Apply for accommodation, if required.
You will be contacted by our Admissions Team to confirm receipt of your application and advise of the next steps.
How to pay course fees
- We will provide instructions on how to pay online. Please do not pay your fees before you have accepted your offer. The balance of the course fees must be paid in full at least 20 working days before the start of the course.
- If your fees are being paid by a sponsor:
- You will need to provide evidence of sponsorship in order to secure a place on the course. A sponsor letter should be attached to your application. Before you commence your studies, you must provide a financial guarantee.
- Please note that the sponsorship letter needs to contain the following information:
- Must be addressed to The University of Manchester
- Must be produced on official company letter headed paper from the sponsoring organisation/embassy and must state clearly:
- Contact name, telephone numbers / email
- The full name and date of birth of the student to be sponsored
- The title of the student's programme of study
- The student's year of study or years of study that the sponsorship will apply to
- A statement that the student's tuition fees or proportion of their fees will be paid upon receipt of an invoice from the University
- If you have government funding, you should also provide a letter from the appropriate London Embassy
You must agree to the booking conditions before you submit your application.